West Palm Beach, Florida
100% full Not resolved

I never write bad reviews, but this cannot be ignored. My setting/mounting head has had numerous issues since we took it home from Jared's in Palm Beach Gardens on 8/2/11. Below is a list that includes each visit to the store and the issues we have had. I highlighted the instances 1) where the repair shop "rebuilt the prong" or re-tipped the prong and 2) where a diamond fell out:

Related: Jared - Destroyed my not even 3 year old engagement ring

• On July 13, 2011, I brought a family engagement ring into the Palm Beach Gardens store to have the platinum shank replaced since it had an opening and closing clasp for arthritis. The sales associate measured my finger and said I was a size 6.

• On August 2, 2011, we took the ring back to the store since it was way too big. We had it resized to a 5.

• On January 3, 2011, we took the ring back to the store because a side (2) baguette diamond fell out due to the large resizing.

• On January 23, 2012, we took the ring back to the store because they used yellow gold instead of platinum to set the baguette and re-tipped the prongs in yellow gold. Also, there was a crake in the platinum band. They (1) REBUILT a prong and re-tipped the prongs using white gold without my consent.

• On May 20, 2012, I took the ring to the store for inspection.

• On September 6, 2012, we took the ring back to the store because the top of (1) one of the prongs fell off, and it was white gold and not platinum. The repair shop (1) REBUILT the prong AGAIN. Also, we had the ring resized to a size 5.25 since it was too small the second time they resized it.

• On November 22, 2012, we noticed that the top of the (1) prong fell off again.

• On January 11, 2013, we took my engagement ring back to the Palm Beach Gardens store to have them remake the entire setting head of my ring since the (1) prong fell off. They listed on the attached repair sheet that the ring needs a new head and to check the right baguette because it is a lot smaller that the original one and the baguette is loose.

• On January 24, 2016, I noticed that my ring was bent and upon further inspection, I noticed that the ring was actually cracked and a baguette is about to fall out again and the entire platinum ring is about to break into two pieces – see images: http://screencast.com/t/JfJtqJYsU7bn. I emailed the contact from before, but have heard no feedback.

The ring is Platinum which is almost indestructible, so I am baffled as to how it is possible that it is breaking in two places. I have been extremely understanding considering what I have been put through with Jared's, but now I am just so fed up...

Review about: Engagement Ring.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Jared Repair
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Jared?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.