I never write bad reviews, but this cannot be ignored. My setting/mounting head has had numerous issues since we took it home from Jared's in Palm Beach Gardens on 8/2/11. Below is a list that includes each visit to the store and the issues we have had. I highlighted the instances 1) where the repair shop "rebuilt the prong" or re-tipped the prong and 2) where a diamond fell out:
• On July 13, 2011, I brought a family engagement ring into the Palm Beach Gardens store to have the platinum shank replaced since it had an opening and closing clasp for arthritis. The sales associate measured my finger and said I was a size 6.
• On August 2, 2011, we took the ring back to the store since it was way too big. We had it resized to a 5.
• On January 3, 2011, we took the ring back to the store because a side (2) baguette diamond fell out due to the large resizing.
• On January 23, 2012, we took the ring back to the store because they used yellow gold instead of platinum to set the baguette and re-tipped the prongs in yellow gold. Also, there was a crake in the platinum band. They (1) REBUILT a prong and re-tipped the prongs using white gold without my consent.
• On May 20, 2012, I took the ring to the store for inspection.
• On September 6, 2012, we took the ring back to the store because the top of (1) one of the prongs fell off, and it was white gold and not platinum. The repair shop (1) REBUILT the prong AGAIN. Also, we had the ring resized to a size 5.25 since it was too small the second time they resized it.
• On November 22, 2012, we noticed that the top of the (1) prong fell off again.
• On January 11, 2013, we took my engagement ring back to the Palm Beach Gardens store to have them remake the entire setting head of my ring since the (1) prong fell off. They listed on the attached repair sheet that the ring needs a new head and to check the right baguette because it is a lot smaller that the original one and the baguette is loose.
• On January 24, 2016, I noticed that my ring was bent and upon further inspection, I noticed that the ring was actually cracked and a baguette is about to fall out again and the entire platinum ring is about to break into two pieces – see images: http://screencast.com/t/JfJtqJYsU7bn. I emailed the contact from before, but have heard no feedback.
The ring is Platinum which is almost indestructible, so I am baffled as to how it is possible that it is breaking in two places. I have been extremely understanding considering what I have been put through with Jared's, but now I am just so fed up...
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Engagement Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On June 7th we made a simple drop-off to have a chipped diamond replaced in Emily’s wedding ring. We were told that her ring repair was covered under a service..."
- "Disgraceful , Ordered it the 20th, The images explain the whole date issue , its currently the 29th , the Christmas stated Christmas delivery , which I get but its..."
- "Dec 2013, fell in love with ring advertised by Kay Jewelers on tv. Purchased the ring. Long story short.....Kay jewelers replaced diamond that fell out. Since I live over..."
- "the watch has a bad movement and send it back for repair, called several times to know about the status of the watch, every time I was told a different..."
- "I was contacted by phone from an independent Century Link Representative wanting to know who my current carrier was and what I was paying for my plan. I told him..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "I ordered a tabletop canvas print and I was disappointed to see that the first line where I typed in "PLEASE LEAVE BLANK" was printed on my order. I placed..."
- "Over a month ago, I was searching the internet for a pair of Von Zipper Comsat Sunglasses. I found one site had them for $20 less than the rest of..."
- "I've been a customer /client of Brooks Brothers for over 40 years. Bespoke shirts, etc. I have never before been disappointed in their quality nor their service . However, the FIRST..."