I never write bad reviews, but this cannot be ignored. My setting/mounting head has had numerous issues since we took it home from Jared's in Palm Beach Gardens on 8/2/11. Below is a list that includes each visit to the store and the issues we have had. I highlighted the instances 1) where the repair shop "rebuilt the prong" or re-tipped the prong and 2) where a diamond fell out:
• On July 13, 2011, I brought a family engagement ring into the Palm Beach Gardens store to have the platinum shank replaced since it had an opening and closing clasp for arthritis. The sales associate measured my finger and said I was a size 6.
• On August 2, 2011, we took the ring back to the store since it was way too big. We had it resized to a 5.
• On January 3, 2011, we took the ring back to the store because a side (2) baguette diamond fell out due to the large resizing.
• On January 23, 2012, we took the ring back to the store because they used yellow gold instead of platinum to set the baguette and re-tipped the prongs in yellow gold. Also, there was a crake in the platinum band. They (1) REBUILT a prong and re-tipped the prongs using white gold without my consent.
• On May 20, 2012, I took the ring to the store for inspection.
• On September 6, 2012, we took the ring back to the store because the top of (1) one of the prongs fell off, and it was white gold and not platinum. The repair shop (1) REBUILT the prong AGAIN. Also, we had the ring resized to a size 5.25 since it was too small the second time they resized it.
• On November 22, 2012, we noticed that the top of the (1) prong fell off again.
• On January 11, 2013, we took my engagement ring back to the Palm Beach Gardens store to have them remake the entire setting head of my ring since the (1) prong fell off. They listed on the attached repair sheet that the ring needs a new head and to check the right baguette because it is a lot smaller that the original one and the baguette is loose.
• On January 24, 2016, I noticed that my ring was bent and upon further inspection, I noticed that the ring was actually cracked and a baguette is about to fall out again and the entire platinum ring is about to break into two pieces – see images: http://screencast.com/t/JfJtqJYsU7bn. I emailed the contact from before, but have heard no feedback.
The ring is Platinum which is almost indestructible, so I am baffled as to how it is possible that it is breaking in two places. I have been extremely understanding considering what I have been put through with Jared's, but now I am just so fed up...
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Engagement Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "1st purchase was a Gucci scarf tote $550. Messaged seller numerous times with no response, was told by Tradesy all they could do was wait to hear from them. Then..."
- "Here is my experience with BESTREPLICA.SR, I got sucked for the amazing website someone designed and decided to order, today I decided to cancel my order because the watch never..."
- "TRUE FACTS: Since the beginning Origami Owl Fraudulently has sued and harassed companies/people in the USA and outside of the USA. These poor people could have had a fight if they..."
- "I have a pair of MW813HBK that have just disintegrated after 4 or 5 months of wear. The soles are separating from the part that is disintegrated. Even the heels..."
- "Called and placed an order payong wirh credit card an hour before it was do. No show and no call. Never order from 2800 s congress ave in lake worth..."
- "Bought a sofa at El Dorado. It is peeling horribly. Customer Service was useless, even though it is obviously not normal wear. Warranty only covers 1 year. Store manager was..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."