Jared - Heart diamond lost and they want me to pay

87 of 226 Jared reviews

My husband purchased a heart diamond in 1993 from Kay’s and we have been getting it reset occasionally.Oct.

2014 he had it reset at Jared, associate of Kay’s, and on Oct. 28, 2015 I looked down at my hand and the heart diamond was gone. Took the empty setting to Jared in Brandon FL and the Manager Juan tried to find every reason for it to be my fault. When I finally went buck wild, he got the paperwork to have it sent out and told me to send him all the original paperwork to verify the cost and the diamond quality.

I sent him a copy of the original holder that the diamond hear sat in when purchased, the original receipt of purchase, and he had the receipt from the resetting 1 yr ago. Now someone else from Jared has called me to ask if I had insurance so I don’t have to pay for anything extra. REALLY?! I’m not paying anything for them to fix what they have obviously completely done a horrible job doing.

They lost my original heart which means more to me than all the diamonds in their store and they think they are going to get a penny from me?

This is only a touch of the many issues I’ve had with Kay’s and Jared.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • I do not like anything about jared or kays
    • Customer service
    • Repair
    • Warranty
    • Damaged product

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
another heart diamond the same quality as the one I had and secured tightly in the setting with no calls telling me I will need to pay for anything.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Jared Jewelry Repair Services
Review category
Luxury / Jewelry
review #733757 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Jared? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
87 of 226 Jared reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.