Jared - False advertising; bait and switch

129 of 226 Jared reviews

I ordered Aquamarine earrings from Jared.They were shown in a brilliant Aquamarine color (see photo).

What they sent was clear glass (see photo). Not even a hint of color in these. They refuse to send a pre-paid postage label so I can return them. They want me to go to the store 7 miles from my home, even though I don't drive.

I have disputed the charge with my credit card company, and I will be filing a complaint with the attorney general for fraud, false advertising, theft, and bait and switch.

Don't do business with this company.They are horrible.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Aquamarine Earrings
Review category
Luxury / Jewelry
review #626240 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Jared? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
129 of 226 Jared reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
LadyScot

May 22, 2015 #987588

You say you are going to file a complaint for fraud, yet YOU committed fraud when you refused to return the product AND filed a chargeback with your credit card, which you will lose when Jared disputes the chargeback.
If you want a refund, then you must return the product. Anything less is theft, and you know it. I honestly hope they sue YOU for credit card fraud.
I suggest you research gemstones before you buy them so you actually know the color variations that are common to gems.

4 4 Reply

May 22, 2015 #987594

Law101 - ***. Research before posting.

2 1 Reply
DoubleDSingleP

Nov 15 #1241051 Buffalo, New York, United States

LOL Well someone's an a$$ hoL3. Love people who defend billion dollar companies to no end instead of their fellow man. Sad really.
Should they of researched? Yes. Should there be SUCH an obvious photoshopped photo? NO! Should they take maybe a few NATURAL pictures of different stones to show the color variation? YES. Should they be more open about what you may receive? YES. I could list more to fault Jared but it's already 3 to 1. Her not researching isn't a crime. False advertisement is and she has every right to be dissatisfied.You're probably one of those people that will write a Yelp review cause Burger King put a tomato on you whopper when you asked for none.

0 0 Reply

Apr 24, 2015 #976355

The earrings in the first photo are NOT aquamarine. They look more like blue topaz. The aquamarine is a very very light green blue gemstone and if a lower priced stone, you will probably get something close to clear. They can't possibly take a photo of each and every gemstone and it being a natural stone, the color and clarity varies with each piece. Always ask if it is a STOCK photograph or if it is the ACTUAL item you will receive. That is the best way to get what you want. Most jewelers use photos that are enhanced, saturated and look nothing like what you will receive, so shop by viewing the actual item and ask if the photo has been altered, saturated or enhanced.That second photo you have looks like Aquamarine! If you want the color in the first photo, buy swiss blue topaz. Good luck.

3 2 Reply

Apr 23, 2015 #975921

I have never seen any aquamarine stones as vivid as the picture you posted. Any aquamarines that I have seen have been really light blue. The picture that you posted look more like blue topaz.

2 2 Reply
smalcolm

Apr 23, 2015 #975954

This is THEIR picture from THEIR website. I never would have placed the order if I knew I was getting clear earrings. Clearly what I received is not what they advertised.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Jared. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Jared.
Filing a new complaint about
×