Featured Not resolved

I ordered Aquamarine earrings from Jared.They were shown in a brilliant Aquamarine color (see photo).

What they sent was clear glass (see photo). Not even a hint of color in these. They refuse to send a pre-paid postage label so I can return them. They want me to go to the store 7 miles from my home, even though I don't drive.

I have disputed the charge with my credit card company, and I will be filing a complaint with the attorney general for fraud, false advertising, theft, and bait and switch.

Don't do business with this company.They are horrible.

This person wrote the review because of "blatant false advertising." of aquamarine earrings from Jared and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $107 and wants Jared to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Jared for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Jared?

Comments

LadyScot

You say you are going to file a complaint for fraud, yet YOU committed fraud when you refused to return the product AND filed a chargeback with your credit card, which you will lose when Jared disputes the chargeback.

If you want a refund, then you must return the product. Anything less is theft, and you know it. I honestly hope they sue YOU for credit card fraud.

I suggest you research gemstones before you buy them so you actually know the color variations that are common to gems.

to LadyScot #987594

Law101 - ***. Research before posting.

to LadyScot Buffalo, New York, United States #1241051

LOL Well someone's an a$$ hoL3.Love people who defend billion dollar companies to no end instead of their fellow man.

Sad really.

Should they of researched? Yes. Should there be SUCH an obvious photoshopped photo? NO!

Should they take maybe a few NATURAL pictures of different stones to show the color variation? YES. Should they be more open about what you may receive? YES.

I could list more to fault Jared but it's already 3 to 1.

Her not researching isn't a crime.False advertisement is and she has every right to be dissatisfied.You're probably one of those people that will write a Yelp review cause Burger King put a tomato on you whopper when you asked for none.

The earrings in the first photo are NOT aquamarine.They look more like blue topaz.

The aquamarine is a very very light green blue gemstone and if a lower priced stone, you will probably get something close to clear. They can't possibly take a photo of each and every gemstone and it being a natural stone, the color and clarity varies with each piece. Always ask if it is a STOCK photograph or if it is the ACTUAL item you will receive. That is the best way to get what you want.

Most jewelers use photos that are enhanced, saturated and look nothing like what you will receive, so shop by viewing the actual item and ask if the photo has been altered, saturated or enhanced.That second photo you have looks like Aquamarine!

If you want the color in the first photo, buy swiss blue topaz.Good luck.

I have never seen any aquamarine stones as vivid as the picture you posted. Any aquamarines that I have seen have been really light blue. The picture that you posted look more like blue topaz.

smalcolm
to Anonymous #975954

This is THEIR picture from THEIR website. I never would have placed the order if I knew I was getting clear earrings. Clearly what I received is not what they advertised.