Jared - False advertising; bait and switch

I ordered Aquamarine earrings from Jared.They were shown in a brilliant Aquamarine color (see photo).

What they sent was clear glass (see photo). Not even a hint of color in these. They refuse to send a pre-paid postage label so I can return them. They want me to go to the store 7 miles from my home, even though I don't drive.

I have disputed the charge with my credit card company, and I will be filing a complaint with the attorney general for fraud, false advertising, theft, and bait and switch.

Don't do business with this company.They are horrible.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Aquamarine Earrings
Review category
Luxury / Jewelry
review #626240 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Jared? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 22, 2015 #987588

You say you are going to file a complaint for fraud, yet YOU committed fraud when you refused to return the product AND filed a chargeback with your credit card, which you will lose when Jared disputes the chargeback.
If you want a refund, then you must return the product. Anything less is theft, and you know it. I honestly hope they sue YOU for credit card fraud.
I suggest you research gemstones before you buy them so you actually know the color variations that are common to gems.

4 4 Reply

May 22, 2015 #987594

Law101 - ***. Research before posting.

2 1 Reply

Apr 24, 2015 #976355

The earrings in the first photo are NOT aquamarine. They look more like blue topaz. The aquamarine is a very very light green blue gemstone and if a lower priced stone, you will probably get something close to clear. They can't possibly take a photo of each and every gemstone and it being a natural stone, the color and clarity varies with each piece. Always ask if it is a STOCK photograph or if it is the ACTUAL item you will receive. That is the best way to get what you want. Most jewelers use photos that are enhanced, saturated and look nothing like what you will receive, so shop by viewing the actual item and ask if the photo has been altered, saturated or enhanced.That second photo you have looks like Aquamarine! If you want the color in the first photo, buy swiss blue topaz. Good luck.

3 2 Reply

Apr 23, 2015 #975921

I have never seen any aquamarine stones as vivid as the picture you posted. Any aquamarines that I have seen have been really light blue. The picture that you posted look more like blue topaz.

2 2 Reply

Apr 23, 2015 #975954

This is THEIR picture from THEIR website. I never would have placed the order if I knew I was getting clear earrings. Clearly what I received is not what they advertised.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Jared. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Jared.
Filing a new complaint about