On 8/2/14 I took my not even 3 year old ring in to be inspected and rhodium applied. I was informed a side stone was loose and would need tightened When I picked it up the side stone that was loose was forced deep in to the channel and was uneven with it's partner next to it. It was very obvious with no magnification.
We took it back and were told it would be fixed but would take about a week as the channel would need rebuilt. We said we didnt vare how longnit took, it needed to be fixed RIGHT. When we returned the stones were still obviously uneven. We were given a host of excuses about aging jeweler, remember my ring isn't even 3 years old, we refused to take my damaged ring and were told by the lady who helped us would speak to jeweler who was of course gone for the day. She would speak to time and call us the next day. On the ride home we rec'd a call from the store and were told they would be ordering me a new setting because mine could not be fixed and was damaged by Jareds. I reluctantly agreed.
After being told it would take 2 weeks, i had not heard from the store. I called and was told it would take at least 3 more weeks. it took more than 5 to get my setting, and we were not even called to say it was in i only knew because after 6 weeks i called to check on it.
My husband took in my ring and it was to be reset the next day. He picked it up and brought it home for me to see. The "new" setting, even though still show as my setting (http://m.design.jared-diamonds.com/engagement-rings/sidestones/ring/item44_10611/) was not the setting I previously had. The new setting had very large gaps between the head and the channel walls, my original setting was made to hold .28-.68 stones, this one could easily have fit a 1.5 ct stone.
I was very upset and we returned the same night. We were told no one could see the (obvious) difference, despitr showong them multiple pictures if my original setting we were eventually told by the jeweler that they could make the new on look like my old one.
We picked it up again a couple days later. This time it was atrocious. The jeweler had taken the head out, cut the ring down the middle and smashed it all back together. There were globs of solder stuck to my head. I called the store manager who's only suggestion was to order another new setting, which would take another 5-6 weeks. I went to the store and she agreed the ring should have never left the store in the condition it was in. I then found my setting, that I had waited 5 weeks for, in the display case. I asked that my head, which was soldered to the channel now, although she denied this was the case,, be removed from the botched ring and placed in a new one. She said that would not be an issue.
I returned a couple of days later and was handed not only a ring that looked nothing like mine, but a ring with a new head. I was extremely upset as we previously had a long conversation regarding my head and how important it was to me that nothing happen it as it was the last piece of my ring that was undamaged. I asked she find out what happened to my head and for her to retrieve my original setting from the safe. I was then informed that when my head was removed it fell apart, probably because the sloppy work from the previous ring had made it impossible to remove in one piece, I was extremely upset to have the last undamaged part of my ring destroy and that no one had even bothered to call and let me know. I informed the manager that I would have to leave the store and talk to my husband because I was so upset and no longer trusted Jared's with my jewelery. She informed me I could "take the new one with me" so I "had something to wear" again demonstrating her lack of understand as to why I was so upset I left the store in tears.
On 11/11/14 I returned to the store, had the head removed from the "new" setting(which was also terrible quality,) took my ring, in pieces, head and original shank back from Jareds. I have now been forced to send my ring to an actual professional jeweler. The jeweler has informed me that it "could" be fixed, but, because the shank of the ring had been worn down through Jared's polishing of the ring, the stones were now sticking out from the shank and would continue to come lose when bumped, so it would be a perpetual repair. The jeweler, who is a delight to work with, is now in the process of hand-making a replica of my ring, with improvements for the safety of the stone. I have contacted Jared's corporate office regarding the issue and have received no response. Should I not in the next two weeks, my next stop will be the BBB. Jared's quality is AWFUL! They do not care about your jewelry. They care about your money, that is absolutely all. They have destroy my original setting and head, they have offered no restitution except to order me the same setting (which does not look like mine) over and over. They have made excuse after excuse and blamed me for their damage to my ring. They have no even offered a refund of my ESP which clearly they are incapable of fulfilling. My family, friends and I will NEVER shop at a Jareds, sterling or signet associated jeweler again. RUN as far and as fast as you can, to a private jeweler for your jewelry needs. Artisan jewelers are highly skilled, friendly, and likely a lot less expensive than you think, they will certainly save you time and a mountain of stress
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Repair quality
- Customer service
- Blaming customer for their damage
- Destroyed merchandise
- Ruined 3 year old ring
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Engagement Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "I must sayI was very excited about my handbag my husband had purchased for me Christmas 2009, it was the Tivoli GM and it was gorgeous and roomy. June 2012..."
- "No mystery here. I ordered 3 sets of this ***! I do mean ***! The bracelets won't even fit over my Wife's hands and all 3 sets are identical. Size..."
- "Please see my first email Hello I called the Bristol store yesterday regarding a problem with my bangle I had my bangle from my mum New years Day she purchased this is Australia..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."