2.0
Style and Design

My wife and I opened a card with them and then purchased my wedding band along with other items.They measured my ring finger and gave me a 12.

When I finally put it on at the wedding, it was super loose. To the point where I almost lost it at the beach. I went in to have it sized 6 months later, because we had the extended protection plan. The salesman was nice and took the ring and gave me a slip that said I should have it back in 30 days.

He said that he had to send it back to the manufacturer to have it resized, but it shouldn't take too long. He said the 30 days was a max. About 3 weeks later, I called for an update, as I was in the area and if it was done, I could come by. The girl that answered the phone was less than interested to be speaking with me, in the first place.

Once I asked about my ring, she went to look it up and then told me that it can take another 30 days once it arrives at the manufacturer, which is not what I was told initially. She said that the manufacturer determines if they need to remake it or just send back one that they had in stock, that was my size. So I asked if she could get a status from the manufacturer to see if they have gotten it and if they need to remake it or just send me one in stock. She told me she couldn't contact them.

As someone who works with Vendors on a daily basis, I know you have contact with them. She wouldn't even go ask someone if they could. She just didn't want to do it. But in the end, she said she would find out and call me back.

I never received a call. I explained the situation to my wife and she said that she would call in a couple of days to see if she can get a status update on the ring. She called and spoke to a Gentleman who told her the same thing, but said that he would call the vendor and then call her back with a status. She never received a call back.

Today, my wife gets a call stating that my ring is available for pickup. She arrives at the store, and then they tell her that she has to pay $40 to get the ring back, because of shipping!!!! My Wife's engagement ring was resized 3 times at a different Jeweler, and was never charged a shipping fee. How is my ring covered by a plan that we paid extra for, and yet we still had to pay shipping???

The ring was over $900 with the extended plan, yet Jared couldn't cover the shipping. The customer service, here, is severely struggling.

All we needed was a simple call to the vendor and a call back, and yet this simple task was impossible to be completed, by 2 separate employees.We are beyond upset about how we were treated, here, and its unlikely that we will be returning.

Review about: Jared Ring Repair.

Preferred solution: shouldnt have to pay for shipping on something that has extended protection purchased on it. .

Had an Experience with Jared?

Comments

The store cannot contact some vendors directly.Only the home office spec order dept.

can in some cases. However, if you have the ESP coverage, it is for life and your charge should be zero . If it is the JRP coverage that is for three years from date of purchase and is a "one" time replacement plan during that three year period. Neither of these cover complete loss of item.

As far as a 39.00 shipping charge, that's ***.

That charge should be refunded to you.Good luck.

There shouldnt be any fee. Call their 1-800 line, they will refund you.